Friday, September 4, 2009

"I can't drive 55!"

I'm normally a very patient driver. I don't yell. I don't get angry when someone drives slow in front of me or swerves over into my lane without a turn signal. I don't let that bother me. But, somehow, I lost control of the accelerator, and I found myself looking into the rearview mirror at flashing lights. I pulled over, hoping and honestly thinking that it was going to drive right by me. No luck, and I had no idea how fast I was driving at the time he registered my speed. Turns out the speed limit was 60 m.p.h., and I was going just a few miles over. According to the officer, I was 16 over, to be exact. 76 in a 60. Gave him my license and registration; he gave me a ticket. As I pulled back onto the road, I heard my grandfather's voice say, "Why speed? You get pulled over, and then you're late anyways!"

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Sorry about your ticket, JB... Had one or two over the years myself, unfortunately. Sometimes our minds get away from us and that right foot can be like a lead weight. =/
Anyway, the last couple of days, my iphone has been reminding me of you... "Grace's Anniversary in Heaven" I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain other than to let you, Katie and Aaron know that you are being prayed for by brothers and sisters you don't even know. Hopefully, with each passing year, the sweet overtakes the bitter a little more.
This morning at church, I was talking to a friend who asked me how I was doing (my hubby broke his neck in an airplane crash last Nov.) I replied, "I feel like a buoy bobbling on the water... some days are up, some days are down, but the Lord never lets me sink!"
Praying for your family in the days ahead, especially tomorrow (9/7).
God bless you all.
"Heaven is the Face"