Friday, November 20, 2009

A future daughter-in-law??

Aaron came home from school today with one thing on his mind. Her name's Alexis.
"Aaron, do your homework."
"Hang on, can I call Alexis?"
"Who?"
"Alexis."
"Who's Alexis?"
"Um, my girlfriend."
"You're 8."
"And a half.."

Ah, he got me there. How foolish of me! Of course eight is too young for a girlfriend, but eight and a half is completely different! So I asked him about this "girlfriend". I asked him if they hold hands, and he said, "dad, that's just gross." Oh thank goodness! I breathed a nice, long sigh of relief on that one. He said they sit together at lunch and play kickball together at recess. I asked him how this meant that they were "dating," and he said, "we're not dating, dad, she's just my girlfriend." Ah, I hope God keeps that innocence in him. :)

No comments: