Friday, June 12, 2009

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:17

I went chasing after my nephew last night. He drove off, wouldn't answer my calls, didn't tell anyone where he was going. Eventually, he did call me. I drove there, around midnight. We found a restaurant that served wonderful coffee at that crazy hour, and we talked until 2:00. Following him home, I thought about how Sam surely must be watching this event take place, because I really felt him in that booth.

Kate and Aaron are doing all right. Aaron had a home run the other day, nearly over the fence. He's been sleeping in our bed off and on for the past couple of weeks. I think he wants to make sure God doesn't take Kate or me too, I don't know.

1 comment:

Shoegirl said...

So, so hard and so many questions unanswered. I think if we did know the answers, that we wouldn't even think twice why they were happening.....we would just say, Thank you God for being so much wiser than us. I doubt that Job was ever the same after his ordeal even though God gave him back many things.

Praying for your whole family...I'm so sorry this is happening to you.