Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sam

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd say goodbye to a brother. Death's part of life, and I've seen it sweep away four of my children, three of my grandparents, and some of my friends through life, but surely it wouldn't separate the Tyler boys. It's been a very strange week, a very surreal week. I have a lot of unanswered questions again. I don't know how a seemingly healthy 45-year-old man who jogged nearly every morning had a severe heart attack. I don't know why He gives some people all those years and others just four, or none at all. I just want to run up there to Heaven and ask God what He's truly trying to accomplish right now. Why did He take Gracie? Why did He take Sam? Why are there horrible and foul characters walking on this Earth, and He takes a father of four, or He takes my baby? I don't know why. I don't know what He's trying to accomplish through any of this. I have hope. I have faith. I haven't lost it, but I am really confused. There are a ton of unanswered questions, and I haven't been here in awhile, and I'm sorry. I haven't felt like it. I'm broken. I'm confused. I'm angry. I haven't felt like being here.

5 comments:

meldoy said...

Oh JB. i am sooo sorry for your loss. when my brother passed away when we were kids, i didn't have those same questions, but it seems like i have them more often now. i will pray especially for rest-filled nights and strength that is new every morning.

in Christ's love i pray for you and your family,
melody weaver

Dawn said...

JB, I am sorry for yet another loss. I do not understand either. We trust because we choose to trust. My prayers are again with you.

Shoegirl said...

I'm wondering if there is a line in heaven for the many who would like answers to the same questions as you have. And honestly, I can understand your questioning right now. Just know our prayers are with you. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Ann said...

JB, I don't even know what to write. You have endured so many losses in the last few years. I am so sorry. You and yours are in my prayers.

Ann from Chicagoland

valerie in TX said...

JB - Along with Ann, I don't even know what to say. I am so very, very sorry. Sitting quietly with you and praying for Jesus to be your strength and your comforter, your glory and the lifter of your head. I am so sorry.