Monday, November 3, 2008

Let Me Talk Politics for Just a Minute..

I have voted. I was one of the millions of North Carolinians who voted early this year. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for, and I won't tell you who I voted for, but I will tell you to vote tomorrow. I also hope you pray for the candidate who will eventually walk into the Oval Office come January. One thing I have been reminding my students of for the past couple of weeks is the importance of exercising this right. There are honest Christians on both sides, and there are negative attacks on both candidates too. Voting only takes a few minutes, but it could change the next four or eight years. If you don't like "the other guy," don't go negative against him. Just vote. I would also hope that no matter the outcome tomorrow, America can unite under the next President. Either way, millions of Americans aren't going to "get their way" tomorrow, but it's not about "getting your way." It's about advancing America forward and joining together for the future. I will be praying for this election and new president, no matter which candidate comes out on top. I hope you will too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fasting and praying all day that the Lord's Will, will be done. I too voted early....it was such a relief to get it over with and not have to listen as closely to the media.

This is definitely a time in history that we need to be on our knees! I keep reminding myself that no matter the outcome...I know who is still in control. I'm going to bed tonight with that peace and will turn on the radio in the morning to find out who our next leader is and quoting the scripture "This is the day that the Lord hath made; Let us Rejoice and be glad in it".