Friday, November 21, 2008

Words of the apostle Peter

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Christ Jesus is revealed. 1 Peter 1:3-7

I've read this particular set of verses a few times in the past couple of days. Every morning, I'll read some Scripture before Kate and Aaron wake up. Every night before I go to bed, I read over the ones from that morning again. 1 Peter 1:3-7 has really stuck in my mind lately, so I've made a note to pray over those verses. His Kingdom is indeed waiting, and I can't wait to see it.

No comments: