Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today's that day

It sounds selfish, but I'd love some prayers today. It's been that kind of day. It's a hide the tears, dive into the Word, wish I knew the answer sort of day. I've tried to put a smile on, at least in front of my wife or son, but God sees what's behind it. I caught myself staring at the calendar today. It covers from 2007 to 2010 along the sides of it. The distance between 9/7/07 and today just kept grabbing my attention. When you put the absence in number form, it's unbelieveable how long it's been, and yet, it doesn't seem that long at all.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

praying, praying, praying! It is a privilege--thank you for asking.

Anonymous said...

Nothing selfish about your request. I can only imagine the emptyness and sorrow as I've never experienced such a loss. May God hold you closely today....and tomorrow....and the next day...and the next....

J.B. said...

Thank you for those prayers. I'm beginning the "holiday funk" as my wife calls it.