Thursday, November 6, 2008

Top Five Reasons We Have the Drums

Much to Katie's lack of approval, I couldn't help but put a set of drums in our basement. The church has gotten a new set. Aaron loves playing them during morning prayer meetings on Sunday and practices throughout the week. Truth be told, I love playing them too. Anyways, Kate was hesitant (probably still is), but she said that as long as I teach Aaron to play them, we can have the set. Behind her, I could see Aaron clapping with excitement. I do agree with one thing she said. I need to teach Aaron how to make music on them; quickly. So, for the top five reasons we have the drums...

1. When learned, it's a beautiful instrument.
2. Aaron loves them, so does his dad.
3. They were just given to us.
4. They are relatively new.
5. For the past 2 years, they have been a part of so many of God's beautiful hymns and worship music.

I actually just got done helping put our little drummer to bed. We played around for a few minutes tonight. He absolutely loves them. It's a big set for a little kid, but he'll grow into them. For my wife's sake, there is a list of rules that come with the drums, including a curfew for them (something we both agreed on), and they are in the farthest corner of our basement. But, we do have them!

No comments: