Sunday, November 9, 2008

One man band?

Two of the four main praise team band members were sick today. Where did that leave me? I played their parts; which included guitar, keyboard, and drums. Luckily, they weren't all on the same songs. However, that probably would have been something to see! We have had a good weekend, the three of us. Yesterday, Katie and I took Aaron to a science museum. He came home from the experience wanting to perform all these experiments in our house, some of which were too dangerous for a 7-year-old to attempt.

I'm learning so much about myself and our family through this entire dossier process. I didn't know my life was so complicated until I had to put it together on paper. Please keep praying for all of this because it's a lot more stressful than I thought it would be when we first started. To Him the Glory belongs, however, so we have faith that He will guide us every step of this journey.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I am continuing to pray as you work through all the paper of adoption. For so much of the process, it feels distressingly like a business rather than a family.

Putting together a dossier, undergoing a home study, and opening your lives to bureaucracy IS complicated. But, you & Katie will learn more about yourselves and your marriage than you thought possible. My husband & I felt like our adoption process (especially the 1st one) was sort of like a 7 year follow-up to our premarital counseling.

Keep at it. I never experienced labor, but have been told that while the experience is unbelievably exhaustingly painful, as soon as you hold your baby, you forget about it in the joy and love of the moment. I can attest that the moment you hold your new child, all the complications will fade into distant memory.

Anonymous said...

Praying on, friend...Praying on.

I feel so compelled to keep encouraging you in these steps as I know in my heart that this is what your family is suppose to do.

Ann said...

Of course we will keep praying for you! God bless and preserve you all as you move through this process. Ann from Chicagoland