Monday, November 17, 2008

"Proud"

I heard this song recently, sung by Steven Curtis Chapman, and I had to learn it for Aaron. He's been through so much in seven short years, but I look at him every night right after he falls asleep, and I cannot even express how proud I am of the boy he is and the man he will grow to be one day. I haven't been able to find the guitar notes for this, so it's taken me longer. I've had to resort to listening to it a few times to pick up the chords. It's a tradition that, every night, Aaron and I (or just me) will play some songs on the guitar before bedtime. Tonight, I played "Proud." It's a truly wonderful portrait of what a father thinks of his child, and what our Heavenly Father must think of us when He sees us walking in His glory.

Proud

Verse 1
Strike three, bottom of the ninth and you were batting back the tears feeling like you let the whole world down.. down.. down..
You and me…driving home in silence I was searching thru my words trying to find the perfect ones to say out loud.
Well I don’t remember what it was I said to you but I remember what it was I wanted you to hear

Chorus
Proud...I’m just so proud,
I don’t know how to say it any better
Proud …you make me proud,
Win or lose well it really doesn’t matter,
Cuz you step up to the plate swinging for the fence
You’re gonna change the world around you, I’m convinced
Just look how you’re changing me

Bridge
We both know that sometimes you make me crazy
We both know that sometimes we let each other down
But I want you to know whatever you do
just because you are you ,
You will always be makin me proud..

Chorus
… don’t know how to say it any better
Proud …you make me proud,
Win or lose well it really doesn’t matter,
Cuz you step up to the plate and swing for the fence
You’re gonna change the world around you, I’m convinced
Just look how you’re changing me..
You’re making me proud.
You’re making me proud.
I’m so proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lucky Aaron is to have you as his father. I can literally vision seeing the rays of God shining around you as you play. I know God is as proud of you as you are of your own son. If we could all grasp how much our heavenly father wants to teach and help us through this life....just as we want to do with our own children. What a different world we would have if we would all just listen to our loving parents.